2018 - 2019 Student Awards and Honors
Joshua Cutts, Danh Truong, Victoria Smith, Jennapher Lingo Vangilder | Achievement Rewards for College Scientists (ARCS) Foundation Award.
2017 - 2018 Student Awards and Honors
- Katie Conrad Memorial Award
BMES student chapter:
- Commendable Achievement award across all BMES student chapters.
- Outstanding SBHSE Undergraduate Research Assistant Award
Joshua Cutts, Danh Truong, Victoria Smith, Jennapher Lingo Vangilder:
- Achievement Rewards for College Scientists (ARCS) Foundation Award.
- Oxford Scholar
- Hoolest Performance Technologies won the top prize of $100,000 at the ASU Innovation Open. Nicholas Hool, is an SBHSE graduate student and co-founder of Hoolest Performance Technologies. Read more here.
- Outstanding SBHSE Teaching Assistant Award
- Awarded 1st place for his poster presentation at 2018 World Congress on Biosensor held in Miami. This is the largest biosensor congress in the world attracting more than 1100 attendees from across the globe.
- Dr. Jeff LaBelle’s student | 2018 Young Chemist Award. Read more here.
- 2017 Dr. Larry A. Mullins Endowed Scholarship for Health Education
- Outstanding SBHSE Graduate Research Assistant Award
- SBHSE student merit award recipient
- Engineering Graduate Fellowship
- Fulbright Scholar
- Outstanding SBHSE Senior Award
- International Foundation for Ethical Research (IFER) Fellowship Renewal
- Graduate College Fellowship
- Graduate & Professional Student Association (GPSA) Research Grant: “The Study of Glycoprotein Non-metastatic B as a Target to Disrupt Tumor-Stroma Interactions During Cancer Invasion” .
- Graduate College Completion Fellowship
- Editor’s choice: tumor microenvironment – first author paper selected to become part of a new collection
2016 - 2017 Student Awards and Honors
Maria Jose Quezada | 2017 ASEE PSW Student Award.
StepPlus Group (Brandon Bartels, Arianna Moreno, Haley Sivertson, Maria Jose Quezada) | Second Place Prize in the Student Concept Pitch at the Bioaccel Solutions Challenge 2016.
SBHSE 2017 Celebration of Excellence awards:
- Alison Llave – Outstanding SBHSE Seniors
- Allison Marley – Outstanding SBHSE Seniors
- Courtney DuBois – Outstanding SBHSE Undergraduate Research Assistant
- Danh Truong – Outstanding SBHSE Graduate Research Assistant
- María José Quezada – Katie Conrad Memorial Award
- Swathy Sampath Kumar – Outstanding SBHSE Teaching Assistant
Lexi Bounds | Accepted to Harvard Stem Cell Institute Internship Program. She is one of the 35 accepted from over 650 applicants.
Danh Truong | IFER fellowship. Read more about it here.
Aldin Malkoc | 2017 Young Chemist Award Winner. Read more about it here.
IGEM 2016 Results: personal best for ASU. The team project, with Dr. Karmella Haynes, earned several awards for the first time in ASU’s history in iGEM, and won the highest number since 2011 when ASU first participated in iGEM.
- Gold Medal
- Best New Basic Part
- Best Part Collection
- Biosafety Commendation
Finalist for “Best in Track: Foundational Advance” and “Best Integrated Human Practices.”
You can read more about it on the ASU iGEM web page.
2015 - 2016 Student Awards and Honors
Nathan Kirkpatrick | Outstanding BME Graduate
Matt Mortensen | Outstanding UG Research Award
Aldin Malkoc | Outstanding UG Research Award
Brittney Haselwood Cardinell | Outstanding Graduate Research Award
Jacob Packer | John D. Kelly Memorial Bioengineering Scholarship
Arianna Moreno | Robert H. Chamberlain Memorial Scholarship
Lexi Bounds | Robert H. Chamberlain Memorial Scholarship
Alexandra Barnes | Volker and Lynne Sonntag Scholarship
Casey Weinstein | AEMB Inductees
Garrett Repp | AEMB Inductees
Chi-En Lin | AEMB Inductees
Cory Riecken | AEMB Inductees
Taraka Sai Pavan Grandhi | AEMB Inductees
Neeta Ashok Kumar | AEMB Inductees
Derek Titus | AEMB Inductees
Daylin Morgan | AEMB Inductees
Alexandria Lam | Katie Conrad Memorial Award
Valerie Harris | Metin Akay Graduate BME Leadership Award
Jonathan Plasencia | Metin Akay Graduate BME Leadership Award