2017 - 2018 Student Awards and Honors
- Joshua Cutts, Danh Truong, Kyle Householder, Rebecca Cook to receive Achievement Rewards for College Scientists (ARCS) Foundation Award.
- The Commendable Achievement Student Chapter award – awarded to the BMES Student Chapter at Arizona State University. The chapter will be one of the featured speakers at the BMES 2017 Student chapter session on Friday, October 13th, 2017.
- Mohammad Mousa, SBHSE student is the recipient of the 2017 Dr. Larry A. Mullins Endowed Scholarship for Health Education
- Our BMES student chapter was awarded the Commendable Achievement award (essentially runner up for the outstanding chapter award) across all BMES student chapters.
- Hoolest Performance Technologies won the top prize of $100,000 at the ASU Innovation Open. Nicholas Hool, is an SBHSE graduate student and co-founder of Hoolest Performance Technologies. Read more here.
- Congratulations to Chi Lin, one of Jeff LaBelle’s students, who has won the highly competitive 2018 Young Chemist Award.Read more here.
- Congratulations to Nicholas Hool, one of Jamie Tyler’s students, co-founder of Hoolest Performance Technologies, who won $100,000 at the ASU Innovation Open.Read more here.
2016 - 2017 Student Awards and Honors
- Congratulations to Maria Jose Quezada on being selected as the recipient of the 2017 ASEE PSW Student Award.
- Congratulations to StepPlus Group (Brandon Bartels, Arianna Moreno, Haley Sivertson, Maria Jose Quezada) for being awarded the Second Place Prize in the Student Concept Pitch at the Bioaccel Solutions Challenge 2016.
- Congratulations to all the winners of SBHSE 2017 Celebration of Excellence awards:
- Alison Llave – Outstanding SBHSE Seniors
- Allison Marley – Outstanding SBHSE Seniors
- Courtney DuBois – Outstanding SBHSE Undergraduate Research Assistant
- Danh Truong – Outstanding SBHSE Graduate Research Assistant
- María José Quezada – Katie Conrad Memorial Award
- Swathy Sampath Kumar – Outstanding SBHSE Teaching Assistant
- Congratulations to Lexi Bounds for being accepted to Harvard Stem Cell Institute Internship Program. She is one of the 35 accepted from over 650 applicants.
- Danh Truong wins competitive IFER fellowship. Read more about it here.
- Aldin Malkoc – 2017 Young Chemist Award Winner. Read more about it here.
- IGEM 2016 Results: personal best for ASU. The team project, with Dr. Karmella Haynes, earned several awards for the first time in ASU’s history in iGEM, and won the highest number since 2011 when ASU first participated in iGEM.
- Gold Medal
- Best New Basic Part
- Best Part Collection
- Biosafety Commendation
Finalist for “Best in Track: Foundational Advance” and “Best Integrated Human Practices.”
You can read more about it on the ASU iGEM web page.
2015 - 2016 Student Awards and Honors
- Nathan Kirkpatrick: Outstanding BME Graduate
- Matt Mortensen: Outstanding UG Research Award
- Aldin Malkoc: Outstanding UG Research Award
- Brittney Haselwood Cardinell: Outstanding Graduate Research Award
- Jacob Packer: John D. Kelly Memorial Bioengineering Scholarship
- Arianna Moreno: Robert H. Chamberlain Memorial Scholarship
- Lexi Bounds: Robert H. Chamberlain Memorial Scholarship
- Alexandra Barnes: Volker and Lynne Sonntag Scholarship
- Casey Weinstein: AEMB Inductees
- Garrett Repp: AEMB Inductees
- Chi-En Lin: AEMB Inductees
- Cory Riecken: AEMB Inductees
- Taraka Sai Pavan Grandhi: AEMB Inductees
- Neeta Ashok Kumar: AEMB Inductees
- Derek Titus: AEMB Inductees
- Daylin Morgan: AEMB Inductees
- Alexandria Lam: Katie Conrad Memorial Award
- Valerie Harris: Metin Akay Graduate BME Leadership Award
- Jonathan Plasencia: Metin Akay Graduate BME Leadership Award