Associate Professor Sarah Stabenfeldt was recently recognized with the Mid-Career Award from the Society For Biomaterials at the organization’s 2021 virtual annual meeting, held from April 20–23.

This award recognizes researchers and community members who are in the middle of their careers and have made outstanding contributions to the society and to the field of biomaterials.

Stabenfeldt has been an active member and leader in the Society For Biomaterials for more than 16 years. She has served as the Special Interest Group representative to the Society For Biomaterials Council and on the Board of Directors as secretary-treasurer elect, as secretary-treasurer (current role) and as a member of the diversity, equity and inclusion task force.

“To me, this award represents the contributions of my students and trainees. It highlights all the hard work they have done to contribute to biomaterials research,” Stabenfeldt says. “I had strong female researcher role models who provided support to me and ultimately contributed my achievements thus far. I try to pay it forward and continue to mentor and train a diverse lab.”

Read more on Full Circle