Your Future at ASU
At ASU’s School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering, you will push the boundaries of science and medicine to help solve some of society’s greatest challenges. And it’s not just theory. We have world-class labs and top faculty engaged in research that is making a difference today. As part of an urban-serving institution, you will be participating in work that builds a strong community and improves the health of our diverse population. You will also have access to the hospitals, research institutions and industry partners that are working together on critical issues.
We offer a rigorous program with room for creativity. If you want to start a company, discover new therapies, create engineered gene networks, research brain machine interfaces, develop virtual reality based rehabilitation engines or grow new organs, then ASU’s School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering is where you can start your journey. Let us help you make your dreams a reality.
Learn about our programs
BSE in Biomedical Engineering
Biomedical engineering is the discipline of engineering that bridges the engineering, physical, life and medical sciences, helps to overcome limitations inherent in traditional engineering, and to identify, understand and solve problems in medicine, physiology and biology.
- More details: BSE in Biomedical Engineering program page
MS in Biomedical Engineering
Our professional graduate program leads to the master of science in biomedical engineering. This 30-credit M.S. degree is designed to be completed across 3 semesters of full-time study.
- More details: MS in Biomedical Engineering program page
- Read the catalog description of Biomedical Engineering, M.S.
- The application deadlines are June 1 for Fall admission and October 1 for Spring admission.
PhD in Biomedical Engineering
The doctor of philosophy in biomedical engineering is conferred upon evidence of excellence in research resulting in a scholarly dissertation that is a contribution to knowledge. The application process is very competitive and candidates are encouraged to adhere to all priority deadlines.
- More details: PhD in Biomedical Engineering program page
- Read the catalog description of Biomedical Engineering, Ph.D.
- The application deadlines are December 15 for Fall admission and July 15 for Spring admission.