You can accomplish a lot in five years
Pursue a master’s degree in less time and with less financial commitment.
Designed for the dedicated and driven Fulton Schools student, accelerated programs combine advanced undergraduate course work with graduate course work, enabling students to earn both a bachelor’s and master’s degree within five years.
Accelerated master’s in Biomedical Engineering
The accelerated master’s in biomedical engineering allows students to share and reserve up to 12 credit hours of coursework. Shared coursework is applied to both the BSE and MS while reserved coursework is unique to the MS.
- A cumulative ASU GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- At least 75 applicable credits completed towards the ASU Biomedical Engineering BSE program in order to apply.
- At least 90 applicable credits completed towards the ASU Biomedical Engineering BSE program prior to enrollment in the accelerated program.
- Eligibility criteria to apply can be met no sooner than spring of junior year.
- For preliminary approval to begin the program your senior year, complete the departmental form found below. No additional documents are required at this stage.
- Form submission deadline to begin fall of senior year: June 1
- Form submission deadline to begin spring of senior year: December 1
- In September of senior year, you will receive an email from the advising office when the official Graduate College application is open for the +1 Master’s year of the program. This is the required online application that includes: two letters of recommendation (at least one must be from ASU faculty), personal statement, resume, prerequisite sheet, and application fee.
- Priority deadline for 4+1 students applying for fall MS admission: November 1
- Final deadline for 4+1 students applying for fall MS admission: March 1
- ALL application materials (including letters of recommendation) must be received by the final deadline.