Accelerated 4+1 Programs
4+1 Information Sessions – Spring 2022
If you were unable to join us for the 4+1 information session earlier this semester, the video of the session is available to view until 7/1/2022. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the advising office email@example.com.
You can accomplish a lot in five years
Pursue a master’s degree in less time and with less financial commitment.
Designed for the dedicated and driven Fulton Schools student, accelerated 4+1 programs combine advanced undergraduate course work with graduate course work, enabling students to earn both a bachelor’s and master’s degree within five years.
Accelerated 4+1 BSE/MS in Biomedical Engineering
The accelerated 4+1 (BSE/MS) in biomedical engineering allows students to share and reserve up to 12 credit hours of coursework. Shared coursework is applied to both the BSE and MS while reserved coursework is unique to the MS.
- A cumulative ASU GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- At least 75 applicable credits completed towards the ASU Biomedical Engineering BSE program in order to apply.
- At least 90 applicable credits completed towards the ASU Biomedical Engineering BSE program prior to enrollment in the accelerated program.
- Eligibility criteria to apply can be met no sooner than spring of junior year.
- For preliminary admission to the program, complete the departmental application found below. No additional documents are required at this stage.
- During senior year, you will receive an email when the application is open for the +1 Masters year of the program. This is the required online application with Graduate College that includes: two letters of recommendation (at least one must be from ASU faculty), personal statement, resume, and application fee.
- June 1 for fall admission
- December 1 for spring admission