Accelerated 4+1 Programs
4+1 Information Session
Juniors – Join us for a live Zoom information session detailing ASU’s 4+1 program in Biomedical Engineering. This session will cover when and how to apply, admissions questions, and discuss the curriculum of the program. Register here. Three sessions are available:
Feb 17, 2021, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. MST
Mar 16, 2021, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. MST
May 19, 2021, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. MST
You can accomplish a lot in five years
Pursue a master’s degree in less time and with less financial commitment.
Designed for the dedicated and driven Fulton Schools student, accelerated 4+1 programs combine advanced undergraduate course work with graduate course work, enabling students to earn both a bachelor’s and master’s degree within five years.
Accelerated 4+1 BSE/MS in biomedical engineering
The accelerated 4+1 (BSE/MS) in biomedical engineering allows students to share and reserve up to 12 credit hours of coursework. Shared coursework is applied to both the BSE and MS while reserved coursework is unique to the MS.
- A cumulative ASU GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- At least 75 applicable credits completed towards the ASU Biomedical Engineering BSE program in order to apply.
- At least 90 applicable credits completed towards the ASU Biomedical Engineering BSE program prior to enrollment in the accelerated program.
- Eligibility criteria to apply can be met no sooner than spring of junior year.
- For preliminary admission to the program, complete the departmental application found here. No additional documents are required at this stage.
- During senior year, you will receive an email when the application is open for the +1 Masters year of the program. This is the required online application with Graduate College that includes: two letters of recommendation (at least one must be from ASU faculty), personal statement, resume, and application fee.
- June 1 for fall admission
- December 1 for spring admission